Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hold On To That Thought


Goin' South For The Winter

I have my first solo out of town assignment this Thurs and Fri. I'll be going to the well-known bustling cities of Fancy Farm, KY and Union City, TN. I'm helping the auditors with their year-end inventory counts. So yes, this is the part of my job that fits the stereotype of counting beans. Even though I am not sure precisely what I will be counting, the mystery element fascinates me. On another note, I do know I'll be counting donuts near Chicago as well at the end of Jan. It'll be nice to get out of the office before the International busy season throttles into full swing.


Ginger is More Than A Spice

My husband's childhood dog is staying with us until Christmas (they say mixed breeds outlive pure ones, but wow, she must be ancient). It was not difficult to persuade me once I found out she needed a place to stay. In my opinion, there cannot be enough animals in the house, or outside the house. In fact, we really should invest in a farm.


Thievery Comes In Garages

To my dismay, along with most everyone else in my office, I discovered that my registration tags have been stolen off of my car in the adjacent garage at work. Apparently, I have to go through the trouble of getting a form notarized in order to have them replaced. I pay over a hundred dollars a month to park downtown, you'd think tighter security would be imperative.


Babies Come In All Sizes

My husband has been under the weather lately. He will mutter things like "Can I have some soupie" etc. Then, he will do the pout. The "I know I can have anything I want" pout. His lower lip poofs way out and then quivers a little. It's adorable. Almost makes me want babies. I said almost....

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't wait for there to be little Cloud babies running around. Haha that's gonna rock!

Have fun in KY. It's warmer out here.

Britt said...

Yeah, we're still working out the logistics on that one.

Thanks, I will. Anywhere that's closer to the equator is rather attractive right now.