Sunday, September 28, 2008

Playtime in Ponyville: A Deviant Artist Interpretation

Meet Princess Leia. She is no ordinary sci-fi princess, but one of the My Little Pony variety.

Just when I though I was crazy, (which is probably mostly true, but that's irrelevant) I saw this. One artist at DeviantArt.com has shamelessly transformed the"My Little Pony" sensation we all took seriously as little girls into a cinematicly adventurous pursuit. Clearly, this appreciation can only be understood by adults with time-tested experience in the My Little Pony generation.

C'mon girls, admit yourselves. (okay yes, my mom still has all of mine in a box somewhere in her basement).

But, don't look twice, Leia is only the beginning. The original six -- Blossom, Minty, Butterscotch, Cotton Candy, Blue Belle and Snuzzle have evolved into new characterizations.









For die-hard Star Wars enthusiasts, we now have Darth Vader Pony, exhibited to your right. Look closely, you will not be dissapointed.












For the yet-to-be satisfied, there is also Batman Pony, of course.












"My Little Cthulhu." I won't lie, I had to look this one up.




















Finally, folks, a personal favorite, the My Little Edward Scissorhands. Truely a great deal of thought went into this pony's production.











Now to all the first generation My Little Pony enthusiasts - given the original association we all have with My Little Ponies, in your honest opinion, is this artist at Deviant Art simply taking it too far? Is the "essence" of the original MLP still present in these modifications? If not, has corruption infiltrated our childhood fantasy? Should such a possible corruption be tolerated?

Personally, I think these modifications are generally fantastic, and fairly amusing. However, I welcome dissenters.

7 comments:

KMCA said...

I'm going to have to go with these MLP alterations are awesome. I think Edward Scissor Hands MLP would fit right in at the My Little Pony beauty parlor I used to own back in the day!

Quickbooks online customer support phone number for accounting help said...

Quickbooks payroll customer service for accounting help

quickbooks tech support number usa for accounting help said...

intuit quickbooks pos support phone number for accounting help

Anonymous said...

Quickbooks live chat support for accounting business

quickbooks it support for United States said...

quickbooks help and support for United States

intuit quickbooks customer servicefor Hawaii said...

quickbooks online customer service phone numberfor Hawaii
quickbooks pos support phone numberfor Hawaii
quickbooks online help numberfor Hawaii
quickbooks payroll phone numberfor Hawaii

Quickbooks Support Phone number said...

SageSupportNumber.Com is a US-based company that has

grown into an internationally recognized provider of

accounting support services with a highly regarded client

base..

https://www.sagesupportnumber.com